Dolce - 11:11 make a wish

Such a silly myth, yet one I still practice...every single time I catch it. I dunno...the more I wish, the more I'm beginning to think it's really working. Something to believe in? Hardly. But at least it's a form of hope. A hope that doesn't disappoint as you don't really expect anything from it. Simple wishes.

There was always something about those arms wrapped around me as I fell asleep that put me at ease. The fluffy pillows helped too.

I woke up this morning feeling really secure and confident and happy. Sunlight was slowly creeping into the room, muted by the cloud cover, but still casting beautiful morning shadows. You were still asleep, but I always woke up before you...even if you always got out of bed before I did. This gave me time to think about my upcoming day, the night before, anything I needed to go over in my head before starting the day. My moving around also sometimes woke you up, so I tried to move lightly...with only the gentlest caress. But it had been so long since I had had a moment like this so instead today I savored it: the feet entwined, the light breath on my shoulder, the warmth, the fact that I woke up to you...next to you. I didn't care about the day, or last night, or even the week past and future. I could have stayed in that bed, in that moment...forever. But for now forever must wait, and there is only this hope and those wishes. As long as I know you're here, beside me or thousands of miles away, I can do this.

Jon Brion - Phone Call

I can't ignore the fact that this song was actually playing in my head this morning. It was perfect. Cloudy and sleepy, yet suddenly everything began to make so much sense.

3 comments:

the great red shark said...

this is one of my favorite soundtracks ever, to one of my favorite movies ever.

Jason D. Hunter said...

Not waking up alone is one of the greatest feelings

toy said...

Kind of off-topic: Did you know Gondry didn't use any special effects for Eternal Sunshine? It's all camera work. He has such a brilliant mind.