Lacrimoso - This pain must be for a reason

I can't shake this blanket of awkwardness that covered our last encounter. With words that fell short of a conversation and caresses that went ignored. The leering reality of what is to come has soured our time, and the distance growing between us, both physically and emotionally, has now become increasingly apparent. These pillowcases soaked with makeup-stained tears are proof of the sorrow that permeates this room, and I can't stop these feelings of loss from flowing within them. Two hours later, your smell is still here, but it has lost its usual intoxicating effect. Instead this fragrance stabs painfully at my senses and evokes memories that feel so far in the past that they may be lost once this aroma fades. Sometimes I feel I could have stopped these feelings from happening, that if only I had guarded my heart I wouldn't be in this situation. But why put up guards against something so superb?

If I got the chance I'd do it all over again.


DeVotchKa - How It Ends


I don't know how it ends, but I'll try to have faith that everything will be fine. I hope you, reader, cannot feel with the experience of this post the emotions I felt whilst writing it, for though I share them with you, I wouldn't wish them upon anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

calm down there von goethe.