Sognando - Such a strange place to rest my weary head

A day gone by running on empty, and my minds beginning to shut off from last night's insomnia. The sway and pump of the train as it slowly creeps down the track is calling me to slumber. Everyone looks exhausted, but no one will allow themselves to drift off. Eyelids heavy, air condition lightly blowing, this unconventional place could become my next bed. Peaceful, relaxed, no longer tired, but calm. I no longer feel the cold hard seat or see the crowded subway car. I only hear gentle whispers and embrace the slow sway as if the wind was carrying my sailing ship on a calm sea. Deep breathing and body melting...true, weary comfort.

Animal Collective - The Softest Voice

And with a knock in the arm and a jolt of the train, my body comes away from this euphoric state. I awaken to zombie walk my way home.

1 comment:

the great red shark said...

woah fat chicks


verbal imagery is MUCH more suited for the song though.